Acne can be controlled, managed and improved through a variety of methods;
- Drink Water – Drinking at least 2 litres of water per day can help hyrdate the skin and reduce the clogging which causes acne inflammations. Water also helps to flush out toxins and waste whilst gets rid of oil.
- Restrict Washing – Avoiding washing your face exessively (2 times a day maximumum) and establish a good skin care regime. Scrubing at your face will not get rid of excess oil. On the contrary, washing your face too often can make acne worse, since it will strip the skin of its natural lipids. As a direct result, the follicle will produce excess sebum causing additional breakouts.
- Avoid Alcohol – Alcohol acts as an astringent that shrinks the skin pores, making them more prone to clogging, i.e more acne outbreaks!
- Change Linen – Regularly change the bed linen, towels and other clothing that comes in contact with the acne affected area. The acne bacteria can live on this clothing only to be reapplied onto the skin later. Use specifically made detergents to ensure the acne bacteria gets killed off.
- Reduce Hot Food – Refrain from eating hot food. Wait until the food has colled down to room temperature before attempting to eat it. Hot food increases the blood flow to the surface of your skin making the acne worse.
- Use Appropriate Products – Use skin care products that are specific to acne. Using the wrong cleansing products or cosmetics may clog your pores, causing an acne inflammation.
- Hormonal Acne Treatments – Studies have shown acne in females can be improved with a combined oestrogen/progestogen contraceptive birth control pill. Ask your dermatologist to recommend the most effective contraceptive pill to cure your kind of acne.
- Natural Herbal Pills – Instead of taking strong medication or the comtraceptive pill with possible severe side effects, try 100% natural and doctor approved herbal acne pills that will work to stop oil production at the source.