Ance Rosacea is commonly referred to as adult acne since it mostly female affects adults who are aged 30+. It usually appears as red rash, which are normally limited to the cheeks, chin, nose and forehead. At a later stage acne rosacea might even progress into bumps and pimples and in the worst scenario, the nose might appear to be red, swollen and bumpy from all the excessive tissue.
As yet the causes of adult acne are unknown, but lets have a look at the signs and symptoms of acne rosacea
First signs of Acne Rosacea
Adult Acne always shows at least one of the following symptoms;
- Flushing – Usually people with adult acne have a history of blushing and flushing and redness that often comes and goes.
- Persistant Redness – This is usually looks like a permanent sunburn. It often remains undiagnosed at this stage because doctors mistake it for a healthy redness.
- Bumps or Pimples – Small bumps and pimples may develop under the skin. They are different to the common acne because there are no blackheads present. These bumps and pimples may sting, burn or itch.
- Visible Blood Vessels – Many people who get adult acne often have small blood vessels visible on their face.
Other signs of Acne Rosacea
Adult Acne may or may not have any of the following optional symptoms;
- Eye Irritation – The eyes of a person with adult acne may get irritated, watery, or bloodshot. This symptom is referred to as ocular rosacea.
- Burning – The face of someone with adult acne may burn, sting, itch and hurt.
- Dryness – The central part of the face of someone with adult acne may be very rough and dry.
- Plaques – Some raised red patches may appear of the face of the person with adult acne. These red patches are known as plaques and do not influence the rest of the skin around them.
- Thickening of Skin – The person with adult acne may experience a thickening of the skin on the affected parts. This usually happens on the nose and is a result of excess tissue. This symptom can also be referred to as rhinophyma.
- Swelling – Swelling is another symptom of adult acne and is commonly known as edema. Edema is a result of the accumulation of excess fluid under the skin.
- Symptoms beyond the face – The signs and symptoms of adult acne may develop beyond the face, namely on the neck, chest, scalp or ears
Acne Rosacea Treatment
The symptoms of acne rosacea vary from one person to another, therefore a dermatologist would have to make a specifically designed adult acne treatment package for each patient.
However, it never hurts to try out some adult acne home treatment to clear acne. For your convenience, we have catagorised adult acne home treatments into seperate sections according to their functions.
- Start by checking out our Acne cleansing section to understand how to clean your skin without causing any damage.
- Also, have a look at Herbal Acne Creams that contain anti bacteria properties that will kill off the p.acne bacteria and reduce inflammation while preventing further outbreaks.
- Finally, several of our clients have found Herbal Acne Pills to be very effective acne products, because these 100 percent natural products work to stop acne at the source.